“When you are doing what you are doing and doing it well, that is when the opportunities present themselves.” – Daniel Gogolin
“I don’t want Joda Creative to be just a place where we create beautiful things but a place where we do the hard work behind the scenes to distribute the content.”- Daniel Gogolin
Daniel Gogolin, Co-Founder of Joda Creative, a content marketing agency based in Vancouver, Canada focused on telling stories. Daniel will take you on a journey from his early days of being a student in Vancouver Film School to finding two companies – Joda Creative and Markus Amadeo.
In episode 23 of Secret Tech Sauce, I cover the following with Daniel:
- Advice on going beyond content to engaging an audience
- Use of other distribution channels to promote your brand or message
- Hacks on getting sales leads when you are a smaller shop
- Advice for managing a big brand
- Daniel’s thoughts on the television series Mad Man in relation to advertising
- Daniel’s other side hustle – his fashion line – Markus Amadeo
- And much, much more…
Without further ado, please enjoy this highly caffeinated episode.
This podcast is brought to you by Anthology. – Anthology is careers reimagined. Get better job candidates using confidential data. They will do an anonymous job search to find passive candidates or connect passive candidates with employers.
- Daniel background – Film school -> failures -> success at Joda Creative and Markus Amadeo.
- Finding good business partners and sticking with them.
- Joda Creative – what they are about and why they are unique. The “Joda” of marketers.
- Landing a deal through Instagram with Land Rover.
- Going beyond content and being clear with what you are driving toward.
- Similarities between advertising and hit show, Mad Men.
- Snapchat vs. Instagram stories or both.
- Result and metrics in social media and creative content.
- Books, day in the life with Daniel and mentors.
- Close it